After I stitched up "Joyful Hearts" as a giveaway for my Bible study, something about it just didn't look giveaway worthy. The corners seemed to suddenly empty out and look flat, and the whole thing looked a bit rumply and squished. Since I had already started stitching another, I decided to take some time on Sunday to finish and see if I could make it look better.
I think it does. So does BNH.
Here are the 2 side by side.
Second one on the left, first one on the right.
Something about the second one just seems bolder and straighter.
I did use a different thread color, DMC 815, cause I was out of WDW Lancaster Red.
I feel much better about giving it away.
(At some point I will open up the one on the right and restuff it.)
For the past couple of weeks, every morning I would come down the stairs to start breakfast and see this:
I would look at it and think "Oh, I like it, but it is too stretched out. There really needs to be one more triangle point in there."
The trouble was I bought as much of the batik fabric as there was. The sales lady was so helpful in trying to refigure the pattern to make it work.
And it did...
...but not quite.
So after asking at another quilting shop, I discovered that the cloth is not new
and may be hard to find.
I didn't want to spend hours online looking for it either.
So also on Sunday I decided to piece the scraps I had left and see what it would look like. I was able to get a fat quarter of the gold piece so the back has a complete square.
The top is made of 3 pieces.
Can you tell?
Now this is what I get to look at:
Much better, hey?
Guess it just takes a rainy Sunday to tweak things around a bit.
Because sometimes you just know when things could look better and you gotta do whatcha' can to change them.
Simply,
Victoria
Now, if I could do something about my blurry photos...
Simply,
Victoria
Now, if I could do something about my blurry photos...
1 comments:
Both your stitched pieces look lovely, but I think I agree with you on the 2nd one looking slightly better. I love your window dressing and plan on doing something similiar for kitchen window over my sink.
Post a Comment