Soup...It's What For Dinner!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another 8 inches of snow fell here last night.


That calls for warming, spicy soup for dinner.

This recipe is sooo easy! And equally tasty.
I haven't made it in awhile and am so glad that I had some
uncooked chicken breasts in the fridge!
 
Salsa Chicken Soup
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
32 oz. chicken broth*
1-2 tsp. chili powder**
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup salsa
 
In a large saucepan, combine chicken, broth, and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add salsa and heat through. Garnish with avocado and grated cheese. Serve with a side of corn bread.
 
* I always have some homemade broth in the freezer. It really gives it a rich flavor, because it isn't watered down like the canned stuff, but Pacific Organic chicken broth is good in a pinch.
 
** I used Penzeys' Chili Powder Medium Hot. It was pretty zappy so I only added 1 tsp.
 
Give it a try and let me know how you liked it!
 
Have a warm and cozy evening!
Simply,
Victoria
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

cucki said...

Ohh so much snow..stay warm dear..
Love for you x

Miss LindaLee said...

I could eat nothing. but soup all winter and this sounds so good. I believe I have all the ingredients also, so my supper will be yummy. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

You have a blessed day.

Teresa said...

Your soup looks delicious, I must try it.
Not being from the cold even the snow looks fun.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches