First, Mr. Darcy~
Another fun Sampler Girl piece!
Friday I found myself going a bit out of the way home from an appointment to check out the closest LNS to me. Since the one only 20 minutes from me closed in September, I thought I had better familiarize myself with the now nearest one. ;)
I have absolutely no need for anything but wanted to take a gander and build a relationship with the store owner.
I have been pondering the idea of lacing my own pieces to save money.
So I asked her about it.
I did a quick Google search and learned a bit there, as well.
Some lace; some simply pin.
The whole process doesn't look too complicated but just rather putsy.
I am not sure if I want to invest the time but saving $$ is always appealing.
Dear Gentle Readers, do any of you out there do that?
I'd love some practical advice!
But back to the store, I didn't feel right about just gathering information
for my benefit without giving the lady some business.
So I poked around a bit and fell in love with a sweet little design.
I love the script and it gave me a bit of a Valentine's feel.
So home it came. I started it Saturday afternoon and got it done after the Super Bowl.
The designer is Widgets and Wool Primitives. Apparently she/they (?) had been local until this past summer. I had not heard of them. There is a really cute finishing design on the pattern that I am planning to do this week.
Must pop off to bed for another busy week ahead.
Hope you all have a blessed week!
Simply,
Victoria
2 comments:
What a gorgeous blog...love the Darcy quote. I must use it as I frequently think I married the furrowed brow Mr. Darcy :) Have a great week!
Two lovely finishes. I'm thinking about framing my own pieces to try and save some ££.
Post a Comment