Those were the sweet words I heard last week when my daughter called
up the stairs to me!
In this age of email and texting, getting "real" mail is such a treat.
But getting mail from South Africa is like frosting on the cake and sprinkles too!!
Sweet Cucki sent me a little love!
Sweet little notes, a post card of an African kitty ; ) and a lovely doily she made.
She was so thankful for a couple of things I sent her that she gifted me back!
It was so thoughtful and completely unexpected.
When I was a freshman in college, we got a new student the second semester. Since it was such a small school, it was a big deal. But it was an even bigger deal that she was from South Africa. I think she came from somewhere near Johannesburg. She had blue eyes and blond hair - a German African, who spoke English, German, Afrikaans and a couple other languages as well.
She was a few years older than all of us girls and we looked up to her godly character.
One thing I distinctly remember her saying in her very unique accent was,
"You are a gem!"
Ooohh! Being called a gem, implying being precious and of great value, when you are a young and rather insecure 18 year old does your heart some good!
I don't know if calling someone a gem is a South African phrase, but I am going to use it for a certain South African we know and value.
CUCKI, YOU ARE A GEM!!!
Thank you, again, for your gift and kindness!
Love you, Girl!
Victoria
6 comments:
Aww dear..such a sweet post and it brought tears to my eyes...
You are my SUPER GEM..
My dear star friend *.*
I love you
Sending you big African hugs xxx
Hooray! Yes, I was fortunate enough to receive a sweet little doily she made me too. And the same thing happened at our home, excitement and wonder. =) You are so very, very correct. It is special to receive "real" mail. God bless our "blogging friends".
Oh, how sweet to get an overseas hug! And I love that "kitty". : )
How special to get something Cucki made for you. Beautiful doily and card. I think your Both Gems:)
love Annette
How blessed we are with our sweet Cucki friend.
A true gift from GOD!
Woolie Blessings
Cucki is so thoughtful ... she is indeed a gem : ) Lovely gifts my friend!
Post a Comment