Two years ago, my middle girl and I took a sewing class at our church. Neither of us had ever done any type of quilting project. We learned all kinds of things like French seams and prairie points. With all the steps involved, we were not able to complete the carry all bag after the two evenings of class. Sad to say that while the project was called "Make it Snappy!" we did not make it in a snappy time fashion at all! Something about it seemed daunting...but I did want us to finish them up before Kase leaves for college. So I borrowed my friend's machine with the necessary quilting foot and found it wasn't so intimidating after all.
Here is mine:
Sewing through all these thick layers was almost impossible.
The machine really pushed at the layers and it didn't end up quite even
but I'm ok with that.
Prairie points
Kase chose swirled and striped fabric:
Here is where the "snappy" part comes in. Pieces of metal tape measure go in the channel of the pocket top. It sort of snaps shut when the pocket closes.
My daughter's still needs to be finished by sewing all the layers together which my friend offered to do. Thanks, Joyce!
If any of you are interested in the pattern it can be purchased here.
I'd share my copy but it is just Xeroxed and not legit : /
Well, I'd better get moving snappy here and pick up my youngest from his afternoon camp.
Many thanks for reading and commenting. Your blogging friendship is a joy to me!
Simply,
Victoria
10 comments:
WOW! First of all, I'm jealous that I can't sew. Secondly, I LOVE the colors and think they are amazing. Well done!
Wow it's so beautiful.,.
I love it so much.. Big hugs x
Oh friend.
I think they turned out great.
Love the colors too.
Happy Dance time.
Woolie hugs
Good for you, getting them done. Fabulous.
Simply Gorgeous! But it doesn't look simple to make:) You did a fantastic job of making it. I love it.
love Annette
Congratulations on the finish! It looks great : )
Love these that you're making. Full of great pockets and things.
Your carry alls look amazing. The chart your sent arrived when I was away on holiday. Thank you very much for sending it to me.
Oh I love these, especially the fabric you chose. Great job!
Look out Vera Bradley! Very cool bags!
A.L.
Post a Comment