Yes, well, that is where the weird part comes in. Friday night I was catching up on reading some blogs I follow and out of curiosity I wanted to check my pageviews on my dashboard. Looking at my traffic sources I saw an unfamiliar address. So I went to "more" and saw a link that said something like getbits with a back slash and then my blog address. Wondering why my address was there, I clicked on it. BIG! MISTAKE! I had no idea that I would find anything so horrid and felt very creeped out. Also the "audience" area showed a country that I do not have any followers from. All kinds of questions swirled through my head like did a pick a scanky blog name? Is it too similar to a lingerie company? But even then how did that work? I was stumped because I have really tight security and you can't find my blog by goggling it.
I had been planning a call to our IT guy anyway and knew now was no time to procrastinate. After a busy weekend I went back to my dashboard Sunday night to check it again to be sure I knew what it read to report to our computer guy. (No intention to click on it or have my dh either!) The weirdest thing was it was gone. My traffic source shows absolutely nothing and I have had pageviews. Also gone was the foreign country listed under audience. BUT, the weirdest, weirdy thing was that there is absolutely no history of it. I cannot find the link I clicked on. Ok, am I really dumb to technology here and you can click on a site and it will not show up in your history? I just don't know. Really, I'm
BNH sweetly suggested that maybe God wiped it all out to protect me. I like that thought but don't like being naïve.
All that to say, maybe, maybe some day, you will see the back of some heads or even some faces of my beautiful daughters and handsome sons, their smiling father and their photo-insecure mom. haha And, maybe I will figure out how to fix the "no-reply" comment" and setup another email account.
In the meanwhile thanks for following a private girl here. I am blessed by you all and appreciate you joining me along this adventure called life! You are among the best blogging friends a girl could have!!
Simply,
Victoria
7 comments:
That is so odd! I saw page views on my BRAND NEW stitch-a-long that were from some robot. Guess there are just computer trolls out there.
I started off like you super safe, and even had a screen name listed instead of my own. Plus I made a yahoo email just for blogging interaction. That helps me feel better but there are no real safe outlets.
I Have warmed up to sharing my name and stuff for swaps and so on and so far feel really good about all the interactions.
Wow friend that is strange.
I like to agree and think maybe God did wipe it out.
How cool would that be.
The Internet is a scary spot.
I started blogging to share and make friends.
Then I really liked sharing Gods love and helping to encourage others.
If I help lift one person up or to smile I am a happy Girl :)
Woolie Joy :)
I don't blame you one bit for being wary of what you post. I think I have often given a bit too much personal info but that's just the way I am. My husband always says people ask me for the time & 20 minutes later they walk away having gotten not only the time but a brief history of watch making. Last year I discovered how easy (& scary) it is to find out various things about people on the internet. Better safe than sorry.
oh dear its very strange..
yup sometime internet is a scarry post..
sending you big hugs x
Hi Victoria! I have not shared pictures of our children. I do share a lot of my personal life.
To get rid of "no-reply commenter" status:
Go to your dashboard. Click on your picture on the far left for the profile page. Click Edit Profile on far right. Click show my email address. Scroll all the way to the bottom and Save Profile.
Your son must be 18 also then? Where does he plan to attend college?
My email address is: imvickie@yahoo.com
I have shared some photographs of my sons, but they are ok with it. You are quite right to be wary and I am still cautious of what I write on my blog, part of me thinks that my life is so ordinary, why would anyone want to read about it. I tend to stick to my stitching and hobby related things.
Victoria, it is me again. I do not have your email address, so I came back to thank you for your wise reminder of the bible verses. I was born a worrier. I need to keep coming back to those words for help. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.♥
Post a Comment