The tulips are finally blooming here. I think it is safe to say that it is officially spring. (We will just ignore the fact that it goes from 80° to frost and back.) That also means it is time for spring cleaning.
I never mind doing spring cleaning. It is refreshing to get at it, actually. The house always feels neglected after the long school year. My trouble comes in dealing with all the clutter. Yikes! I catch myself groaning, "We have too many people in this house with too much junk!"
Most years I wait to start the "really dig into it" stuff until we have finished up with school. It is much easier for me to have several hours in a row for many days to get at it. However, this year we have homeschool graduation here in less than 2 weeks and waiting isn't an option.
Thankfully I have been motivated and inspired at just the right time. You see, last week I finished up a 28 day challenge over at GraceWorks. Our own dear sister stitcher, Tricia, runs this wonderful home-based business and created this challenge to work on managing the tasks in the home with a godly perspective. It truly was just what I needed when I needed it. Now I am working on the "Continuing On" portion. What lovely words of wisdom Tricia has to share! Please check it out and be blessed!
One of the tasks in the 28 day challenge was to declutter a certain amount of minutes every day. Here's a "keeping it real" example of what got tackled:
A bit of a hot mess, wouldn't you say?!
Now it looks like this! Peace for my soul. : )
Of course, no one who comes for the grad party will be looking in closets. But, I have the satisfaction of knowing that I am working on being diligent and orderly. I have used GraceWorks planner pages off and on for 12 yrs. or more. I am convinced now more than ever that I need to use them consistently for His glory and my peace of mind!
Now if you stitching readers have been gracious enough to read this far, I have also cleaned out my stitching pile. I have a few LHN charts that I would love to pass on:
Psalm 145
Simple Joys
Pumpkins 4 Sale
All is Calm
Good Tidings
This is not a giveaway of the usual sort - just a sharing. So no need to post about it. Just comment here if you are interested. I won't be able to send these out until early June. So you have until then to let me know if you would like one, more, or all of these. I can draw a name if more than one of you wants something, otherwise you name it - you can claim it. These are all used patterns, no writing on them. Just a nip on the bottom of "All is Calm" when I didn't see it hiding under some fabric my rotary cutter went over.
Stitching is in the basket for now. Windows need a washing and a very wrinkly graduation gown needs a press.
My hope for you today is that you find joy in the work your hands do whether it be fun or necessary jobs to be done.
Joy to you,
Victoria
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. Ecc. 9:10
My hope for you today is that you find joy in the work your hands do whether it be fun or necessary jobs to be done.
Joy to you,
Victoria
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. Ecc. 9:10
8 comments:
Hello Victoria,
You and I are in the same boat right now. I am working on getting the house in order for the graduation as well. I need to iron that creased up gown also. What color is yours? My son's is yellow/gold.
Love your tulips! Silly gophers ate all my underground bulbs and I have never replanted mine
Great organizing too! I have yo tackle my closets and drawers soon.
I would appreciate being entered for any or all the patterns. I do have the pumpkin one but haven't stitched it yet. However, if you enter me for all, and I win that one, I have a friend who would enjoy doing a SAL with me and I would send it to her. :) thank you for the chance.
Beautiful tulip, & the time spent on organizing your closet really made a difference! I am going to check out the Grace Works site & see if I can become inspired : )
Aww so sweet of you..can you please enter my name for "simple joy " pattern..I was looking for it from a long time.. Now so happy to see it :) thank you ..
Love your tulips.
.and you organizing the things so well..
Big hugs
Cucki x
Hi Vickie! Amazing work on that closet! I am SO proud of you!!! : ) And thanks for the shout out for GraceWorks! I would love to be in the draw for the Good Tidings ornament. It would be fun to stitch it for one of my daughters for Christmas!!
Blessings!
Tricia
Oh you did a beautiful job of organizing that closet. Hope your graduation celebration for your son goes beautifully. thank you for the link to Graceworks. I will head on over to check it out. Pretty tulips too:) love Annette
Your cupboard looks great. I have to wait till my youngest finishes basketball in a few weeks before I will have the time to get my house in order. The coming month is always the busy month for us as it is the last month of school. I would love to own Simple Joy or All is Calm if no one else wants to take them off your hands.
Nice pictures. The tulip is beautiful. Time sure does fly by doesn't it, especially when it comes to watching children grow into adult hood. I would like to enter the drawing. I love LHN designs so don't care which one you enter me. Thanks. Oh my e mail Thanks for doing this
Post a Comment