While life has been rolling along here, I have experienced difficulty in carving out much time to stitch. However, two weeks ago I found this freebie and it just spoke to me of my own mom. So I set out to make it for her. (Oh, I was all set to post the link and see it is no longer available that I can find...It came from Feathers in the Nest)
I picked these colors as my mom loves lavender. My 8 yr. old dd was with me when I went shopping for some fabric and that was the first one she picked. Matches perfect and just right for Grandma. I was ironing it last night and when I ironed on the interfacing, color came off of the linen. Can you see the white areas? The one over the "y" in pray is especially obvious. ;( I don't know what happened as I have used the same stuff before with never a problem. I was sad after spending hours working on it to have it marred. I wanted it to be perfect for her. I didn't have time to tea stain it and then finish it into a pillow. My oldest daughter was taking it to my mom today as she has gone to paint my mom's kitchen for her and stay a couple of days.
I might have cried about it but I think I had already cried out my storehouse
of tears for the day. Here's part of the reason why:
Roses from BNH, daffodils from my oldest girl, and the ones on the right from her boyfriend.
Yeah, he's a good one! ; )
Cards from the Chili Peppers :)
Also a gift from 3 of them that went waaayyy beyond what they should have done.
I really couldn't stop crying last night. But, really, it had all started Friday morning when BNH brought in Thursday's soggy mail. He spread it out on the counter to dry when I caught a glimpse of my son's handwriting on an envelope.
This bit of blurry goodness is a letter from my oldest son who lives in northern VA. He is flying me out to see him graduate from fire school, spend a day hiking with him, attend church with him (I love his pastor) and then drive home with him as he coming back here for a bit
before heading out for the next phase in his life.
I was a puddly mess, completely surprised and overjoyed!
I'm not sure which was more like the floodgates of heaven pouring down here
in the past couple of days - all the gifts or all of my tears!
From a momma who taught me to pray to a family that loves me in spite of all my many failings, I am humbled and thankful to God for the gift of my mother
and the gift of being a mom of 6.
With thankfulness and joy,
Victoria
8 comments:
Aww such finishes and cute cards..hope you had a fun day..
Lots of love for you x
Oh what a wonderful Mama's Day.
So happy for you.
Beautiful stitches too.
Woolie JOY
Wonderful finish. Looks like you had a happy day.
Wonderful post! I see we are alike. I cry from most anything and everything. A rather emotional person I am.
You are very blessed.
Awwwwww.... what a wonderful Mother's Day! Be blessed, my friend!!!
Your stitched piece for you Mum is lovely and I'm sure she won't mind that it is not perfect. Lovely flowers and your gift from your DS is wonderful. My children surprised me for my birthday with flights for DH and I to visit friends in the Netherlands, our children can surprise us sometimes,
What a wonderful post & wonderful gift for your mom!
I found it now. Looks great!
Post a Comment