Celebrating Life

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Many years ago when I was a young teen, Easter fell on the day before my birthday. For my gift that year, my sweet grandma gave me two lovely pillow cases that she embroidered. Being a young girl I thought they were special, but today I appreciate them even more. They were made by hands that helped to shape my love of needlework.
 
 She even hand-crocheted the lace along the bottoms.

These treasured pillow cases are a special reminder to me of the gift of life. My life and also the life I have because He gave His life for mine.
 Tomorrow for the third time in my life, I will be celebrating my birthday on Easter.
It really makes me pause with wonder and gratitude for the gift of life, because it goes beyond being just a historical event that changed the fate of the world.
It encompasses the real life I have yet to receive.
And that my friends is a whole lot to celebrate!
 
Wishing you all a blessed celebration of Easter!
Victoria 

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Your pillow cases are a real treasure.
Happy Birthday Victoria! Easter Blessings! He is risen!

cucki said...

Happy Easter dear x

rosek1870 said...

I have a few pieces by Grandmother stitched and I treasure them. I never saw her stitch as she died when I was 9 and alzheimers be for that but looking at her stitching... it was something that I wanted to do and loved to do. I give her the credit as mom hated to stitch or do crafts of any kind and could never understand why I liked it. Happy, Blessed Easter to you.

Teresa said...

I love old pieces done by hand. I treasure them also.
Enjoy celebrating your birthday on Easter, how special.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Annette-California said...

Happy Birthday to you! You can celebrate the whole month:) What lovely keepsakes from your grandmother. She did beautiful needlework. Thanks for sharing. love Annette

Fiona said...

What a beautiful gift, thank you for sharing your memories.