Chicken Pox, Curtains, and Chili

Saturday, January 26, 2013

It has been a long road of illness here. Shingles boy is much better - able to be active and catching up on school. So glad for homeschooling in situations like this or he would be tremendously behind. The littlest dude is still coughing and we have figured out that it is whooping cough. In addition he is itching and grumping with the chicken pox. No surprise - I have been waiting for it actually.

A little joy in the week has come from getting my curtains up. I finished them last week and the rods came 2 days ago. I have to say that it encourages my heart. Just a little bit of accomplishment around here when all is less than in order and I am constanly on call.
 
All they are is simple double-sided squares draped over a rod.
The horseshoe "home" sign was a gift my oldest daughter designed and made for me. She brought the horseshoes back from Texas after she finished Bible school, painted them,wired them together and even made the barbed wire.  


 I have a small start on my next Jane Austen piece. I haven't touched it all week.
Perhaps tonight I will get to stitch a bit more as my family is taking chili
for 70 people at an inner city church and I am staying back with the sick one.
Let me say, chili for 70 is one massive amount of chili!
I so hope a lot of people come to get fed physically and spiritually.
 
Finding Joy serving wherever I'm called,
Victoria
 

1 comments:

Fiona said...

What a simple but effect way of dressing a window.