It's feeling a little allusive here these past days. I so want to be ok about not going on any type of get-away break this winter. Winter has been beyond mild this year. I'm not feeling snow bound.
But, when ever San Antonio gets mentioned in this house, I go to the place of longing. The place of sun and warmth and new. New from the day-to-day old stuff that gets me bogged down and discontent. Not a happy word. And really one that fills me with guilt for my lack of thankfulness for what I do have.
So does contentment really just mean thankfulness? The more and more I think on it it does. Absolutely yes.
I am thankful for a good God who knows what I really do need and exactly how to supply it.
I am thankful He takes away my desires when they are not what I really need and just get too much for me to deal with.
I am thankful that He patiently deals with me, teaching me to be content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment